A well-balanced and healthy meal plans for diabetes certainly help you control your blood sugar levels as well as shed the extra pounds. While making weight loss diet plans for diabetes type 2, one have to focus on four basic nutrients (vitamin D, calcium, omega 3 fatty acids and fiber) that play significant role for balanced blood-glucose levels and natural weight loss. The diet plan should be consist of three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and two snacks (morning and afternoon snacks). For your convenience, here I have provided 5-week meal plans for diabetes type 2.
5-Week Meal Plans For Diabetes Type 2
It will help you in reducing diabetes risks in addition to boosting your energy levels.
Diabetes Meals Plan: Week 1
- Breakfast: A whole grain bagel topped with one-teaspoon of each fruit spread and light cream cheese + one cup of fat-free milk.
- Morning Snack: ¼ c unsalted nuts + 1 cup of apricot
- Lunch: One whole-wheat pita bread with three ounces of light Tuna, one tablespoon of light mayo, one sliced tomato and few Spinach Leaves (raw) + 1 medium-sized fruit of your choice
- Afternoon Snack: 6 oz. Greek yogurt + ¾ cup blueberries
- Dinner: Roasted chicken breasts + baked tomato (medium) + 1 c Mushroom salad + ½ c strawberries
Diabetes Meal Plans: Week 2
- Breakfast: Mixture of 3/4 cup of fat-free light yogurt, ¼ cup of granola cereal and one tablespoon of chopped nuts and ground flax seed.
- Morning Snack: 1 cup of fresh strawberries + fat-free cheese slice
- Lunch: Roast-beef sandwich – prepared from two pieces of low-calorie bread, containing 2 ounces of lean roast beef, half sliced tomato, half cup of chopped romaine lettuce and one teaspoon of mayonnaise
- Afternoon Snack: Calcium-enriched soy + 1 c skim milk
- Dinner: 1 cup of Shrimp salad, containing brown rice, sautreed shrimp, mixed greens crumbled feta cheese + two whole-grain crisp-bread crackers topped with low-calorie cottage cheese.
Diabetes Meal Plans: Week 3
- Breakfast: Egg omelet (that contains 1 tbsp. chopped onion, 1 tbsp. chopped tomato and 1 tsp. chopped green chilies) cooked in 2 tbsp. canola oil + two slices of whole wheat bread topped with almond butter + one cup of skim milk
- Morning Snack:6 walnut halves + 5 dried plums
- Lunch: Turkey-Cranberry Wrap – a 10-inch whole wheat flour tortilla that is filled with 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce, 2 oz. low-sodium turkey breast, 1/4 tbsp. Dijon mustard and ½ c chopped romaine lettuce
- Afternoon Snack: 6 oz. fat-free light yogurt + 1 tbsp. chopped nuts
- Dinner: ½ c oven fried rice + curry roasted shrimp with oranges + 2 tbsp. reduced fat cheese, meal plans for diabetes.
Diabetes Meal Plans: Week 4
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with toasted coconut & fresh mango slices + One cup of skim milk.
- Morning Snack: 12 whole almonds + 1 medium apple (sliced)
- Lunch: One serving of chicken that contains two cups of mixed dark greens, half cup of red grapes, two ounces chicken breast (boiled & turned into fibers) & two tablespoons of honey mustard dressing + one slice of low calorie whole grain bread topped with one teaspoon of soft tub margarine.
- Afternoon Snack: 3 tablespoons of dried nuts (such as cashews, peanuts, walnuts, almonds etc.
- Dinner: Roast beef and rice: One serving of cooked brown rice + 3 oz. lean roast beef (sliced) + Spring green salad “meal plans for diabetes”
Diabetes Meal Plans: Week 5
- Breakfast: 6 ounces fat-free yogurt + 2 tablespoons of each mixed fruit, flax seed, chopped almonds and walnuts, or pecans.
- Morning Snack: 1 cup of fat-free light yogurt + 1 cup of seasonal melon
- Lunch: One serving of Lean-body salad that contains half cup of canned garbanzo beans, two cups of mixed dark greens and one ounce of low-fat Mozzarella cheese + one medium-sized peach
- Afternoon Snack: 2 cups of light popcorn + one serving of light lemonade)
- Dinner: Grilled or roasted 3 oz. chicken top with two tablespoons barbecue sauce + one whole-wheat pitta bread “meal plans for diabetes”