Weight lifting workouts become most essential after 40s as our body starts to lose the muscle strength and overall health deteriorates in this phase of life. After 40s, our skin begin to lose its natural elasticity and bones become weaker. The risks of cardiovascular disorders also rise up in this age. To tackle all these problems, one should follow a healthy and well-balanced diet plan coupled with suitable workouts.
This page tells you some of the most effective weight lifting workouts for men over 40. These workouts not only help you build strong muscle mass and awesome physique but also enable your body combat against heart disorders, diabetics, high blood pressure and several other health issues.
Effective Weight Lifting Workouts for Men over 40
Day 1: Chest Workout
Kick off your weight lifting schedule with chest exercise for a bigger, stronger chest. Such exercises help the men to maintain nice, youthful physique for long time. Scroll down to find some of the best weight lifting workouts for men over 40 for building mass.
- Bench press
- Dumbbell bench press
- Incline bench or dumbbell press
- Leverage decline chest press
- Peck deck flies
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Shoulder Workout
Most of us ignore shoulder workouts while strength building. However, it is very important to understand the significance of these workouts to build-up an attractive body physique. The above-mentioned workouts focus on the chest, while the shoulder workouts help you build strong set of deltoids (front shoulder muscles). In addition, these weight lifting workouts enable you lift and hold maximum load comfortably. Some effective shoulder exercises are as follows:
- Shoulder press
- Side lateral raises
- Front lateral raises
- Seated dumbbell press
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Bicep Workout
Bicep workouts facilitate you build strong and bigger muscles. Such exercises need specific equipment to be performed. Most gyms offer a variety of bicep workouts for muscle tuning. Such as:
- Bicep curls
- Preacher curls
- Dumbbell curls
- Hammer curls
- Bicep concentration curls
Thursday: Triceps Workout
Given-below triceps workouts should also be incorporated in the day-by-day activity plan of weight lifting workouts for men over 40. They also help you strengthen arms and boosting your metabolic levels.
- Triceps Press
- Triceps dumbbell kickbacks.
- Lying Barbell Extensions
- Triceps dumbbell extensions
Friday: Leg Workout
Leg workouts are most advantageous for strengthening the leg muscles. Perform given-below workouts for strengthening:
- Sit ups
- Hack squats
- Calf raises
Saturday: Back Workout
These workouts are helpful in back strengthening.
• 1 Arm dumbbell row
• Pull ups
• Seated pulley rows
Weight Lifting Workouts: Effective Tips & Precautions
The aforementioned weight lifting workouts for men over 40 will certainly help you in muscle toning, losing that extra flab and maintaining a well-defined body. Follow these tips and precautions to avoid any sort of intensive discomfort.
- Weight lifting workout routine schedule should begin with lifting light weights.
- To be familiar with the suitable weight in the beginning, choose a weight and perform the workout for ten times. If you find it easy to perform 8-10 repetitions with same weight, then it is suitable for you.
- Gradually increase the number of repetitions and upturn the weight size as well.
- Must give your body at least 1-minute rest between each set.
- Never forget to take worthwhile advice from your health provider before starting any of the weight lifting workouts for men over 40.
- Since the blood pressure may rise temporarily while performing weight lifting workouts in the start, you should be more careful if you have family history of cardiovascular disorders, diabetics or other health issues.
- Ideally, weight lifting workouts should be performed each alternate day.
Did you find this post helpful? Don’t hesitate sharing your opinion by posting comment.